- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 21 min
- Serving: Makes 8 Hot Dogs
Chicago never ‘tasted’ so good. Enjoy these dogs topped with pepperoncini peppers.
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 16 pepperoncini peppers
- Yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- Celery salt
- 8 1/4 pound all-beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, preferably poppy seed
- Prepare the grill on medium heat.
- In the meantime, cut each tomato into 1/4-inch slices and then in half. Set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, makes a few shallow cuts in each of the hot dogs and then place on the grill for 6 minutes, turning occasionally, with the lid closed. During the last few minutes of cooking, add the buns to the grill to toast.
- Place each grilled dog in a bun and then tuck the tomato slices into the side. Top the hot dogs with mustard, onion, relish and a few sprinkles of celery salt. Serve immediately.