- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 3 cups of sauce
Steak sauce doesn’t get any more authentic then this. Use it on all your grilled meats for rich and bold flavor.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet smoked Spanish paprika
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cola
- 1 cup Spicy Hot V8 juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Place the olive oil, onion, and brown sugar into a large saucepan over medium heat and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the sweet smoked Spanish paprika, sweet Hungarian paprika, and dry mustard, and then cook the mixture until the onions are fragrant.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, cola, and Spicy hot V8 juice, ketchup, bourbon, rice vinegar, and reduced-sodium soy sauce, stir and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer the mixture for 15 minutes.