- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes about 4 dozen cookies
These sweet and chewy oatmeal and toffee cookies can be easily enjoyed as a snack with a glass of milk, or added as a garnish to a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 (8-ounce) bag toffee bits
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the vanilla, flour, salt, soda and cinnamon into a bowl.
- In another bowl, cream the butter with the light and dark sugars until mixture is light and fluffy, and then beat in the eggs until well blended.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture by beating on low until combined, and then fold in the oats and the toffee bits using a large spoon.
- Drop scoops of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing each about 2-inches apart, and then place in the oven for 10 minutes until golden.
- Remove the cookies and let stand for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.