- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 12
Pecans are the star of the show in Chewy Pralines.
- 1 (6-1/2 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 stick margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups broken pecans
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan, mixing well. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, to 248 degrees on a candy thermometer. Mixture will curdle.
- Add the next 2 ingredients. Cook stirring constantly, to 238 degrees on the candy thermometer. Remove from heat and stir in salt and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoons onto foil. Wrap pieces individually in plastic wrap.