- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: Makes 2 dozen cookies
These sweet cookies make a cozy afternoon snack, especially alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine molasses and water.
- In a separate bowl, mix together shortening and sugar.
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and salt. Blend into shortening mixture along with molasses mixture. Mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto a prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.