- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 16 bars
Ooey-gooey chewy date bars.
- Vegetable oil spray
- 1 (8 ounce) can pears in juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 16 pitted dates
- 1-2 teaspoons water or fruit juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 2 8-inch cake pans with the vegetable oil spray.
- Blend the pears until smooth. Pour into a bowl and mix in the eggs and oil until creamy. Add flour, oats and baking powder, beat until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture evenly into both pans. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Blend the dates until thick and pasty, and enough liquid to make spreadable.
- Spread the date mixture over one cake square and top with the other cake square. Cut into squares.