- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 12
Stuffing is a quintessential accompaniment for the holiday turkey -- but pairs equally well with other poultry dishes. Crunchy bits of apple and chopped chestnuts nestled in the soft crumb of cornbread deliver a delightful contrast in textures and a rich satisfying taste.
- 12 cornbread muffins
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped roasted chestnuts
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F and coat a large (13 x 9) 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Crumble cornbread into a large bowl.
- Add the apple, onion, chestnuts, parsley, thyme, salt and black pepper and stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Pour in the chicken broth and stir until well moistened. If you want a wet stuffing, add more chicken broth. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake another 15 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.