- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 24 People
These easy-to-make bars are ideal for potlucks, large family gatherings or even just as an afternoon snack. Consider baking a batch to share with a friend.
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 4-ounce jar maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flour, sugar and butter until mixture becomes coarse; press into the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Mix together eggs, sugar, salt, baking powder and vanilla.
- Fold in cherries; reserve liquid.
- Pour mixture over baked crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Combine remaining butter, powdered sugar and enough liquid from cherries until mixture becomes spreadable.
- Frost bars.
- Sprinkle flaked coconut over top of frosting, then cut into bars or squares.