- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Make your own fresh pesto for this delicious summer salad made with cherry tomatoes, baby mozzarella balls, fresh basil and Parmesan Reggiano.
- 1-1/2 cups (lightly packed) fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup baby mozzarella balls (Bocconcini)
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan Reggiano
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Place the basil, pine nuts, and grated Parmesan cheese in a food processor and process until mixture is smooth. With the motor running, slowly pour the oil down the machine’s flute and continue to process until combined. Add a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste and then set aside.
- Put the tomatoes and the mozzarella into a large salad bowl and gently toss to combine. Pour on the pesto sauce and then toss once again to coat.
- Season the salad to taste with additional salt and pepper and then serve garnished with the parmesan shavings and basil leaves.