- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 8
Serve Cherry Pudding Cake with whipped cream for the ultimate dessert.
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1, 16 ounce can sour cherries, drained, reserve liquid
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Beat in dry ingredients alternatively with water and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square baking pan. Place drained cherries over top of batter. Pour 1/3 cup juice over cherries. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. When baked, cherries will be at bottom of cake.