- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 1
Beat the cold this winter season with peppery, hot cocktails. Spicy beverages can help you heat up the holidays—or any chilly evening—when anything short of a fiery drink just won't do. Adjust the heat to your liking and enjoy this recipe for a cherry pepper martini.
- 1-ounce cranberry juice
- 1-ounce orange juice
- 2-ounces passionfruit rum
- 1-ounce passionfruit purée
- 1/4-ounce fresh ginger juice
- 8 seeds from a red Thai chili
- 3 pieces chopped red Thai chili
- 1/2 red Thai chili, sliced, for garnish
- Nutmeg for garnish
- To make ginger juice, add 1/2 cup sliced fresh ginger in a pot with 2 cups of water and simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Combine cranberry juice, orange juice, rum, passionfruit juice, ginger juice, chili seeds and chopped chili in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake until fully combined and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with nutmeg and chili peppers.