- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 2 hr
- Total: 2 hr 15 min
- Serving: 12
Let Cherry Fruit Cake ripen for 2 weeks so the flavors can blend.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 pounds whole dates
- 1 pound plus 1 cup pecan halves
- 2, 10 ounce jars maraschino cherries, drained reserve juice
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice
- Mix egg yolks and sugar. Add remaining ingredient; beat egg whites until stiff. Fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter into 3 small loaf pans, greased and lined with waxed paper.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 2 hours.