- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
These drop cookies are simple to make and taste delicious. Add mini chocolate chips for added sweetness.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup softened shortening
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
- Cream together brown sugar, butter, egg, milk and vanilla.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda in a separate bowl. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in cherries and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.