- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 9 People
Serve this cheery and sweet cake at brunch or breakfast.
- 1-3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
- Combine 1-1/4 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add 1/2 cup butter, milk, egg and vanilla; mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter evenly into a greased 8x8 baking dish.
- Combine remaining flour, sugar and butter until mixture becomes coarse.
- Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture on top of batter.
- Stir lemon extract into pie filling, then spread over top of batter and crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top of all.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.