- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: Makes 1 loaf
This sweet bread serves well alongside any breakfast dish. Can also be used as an afternoon pick-me-up alongside a hot cup of coffee.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Combine flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar and butter.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture.
- Fold in bananas, cherries and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.