- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Makes 3 dozen cookies
These sweet cookies are ideal for sharing with friends and family during the holiday season.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Cream butter, vanilla, salt and powdered sugar.
- Stir in flour, walnuts and cherries until dough becomes stiff.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place onto greased baking sheets; flatten with the backside of a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.