- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 10-12 People
Consider making these delicious bars and sharing with friends and family during the Christmas season. Sprinkle powdered sugar over bars before serving.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cherry pie filling
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream shortening, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend flour combination into egg mixture; mix well.
- Roll 2/3 dough onto a deep cookie sheet.
- Spread cherry pie filling over rolled dough.
- Layer remaining dough over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- When cooled, cut into bars.