- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: Serves 4 people
Blended cheeses and spinach helps deliver an Italian favorite. Cheesy Stuffed Pasta Shells make a beautiful presentation for dinner.
- 12 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
- 1, 14-ounce jar of marinara sauce
- 1 cup of light ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces of non-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounces (1/2 cup) of pre-packaged, shredded, blended Italian cheese
- 1/2 cup of frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of additional blended Italian cheese
- Cook the pasta shells according to the package directions. Drain and set to the side.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spread 1 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 12-by-8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, cream cheese, shredded cheese, spinach, garlic, salt and pepper and mix together well.
- Fill each cooked shell with about 2 heaping tablespoons of your mixture. Place each shell in the baking dish.
- Spoon the remaining marinara sauce over the shells and sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Cover the shells with foil that has been coated with cooking spray. Bake until heated through, or about 25-30 minutes.