- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: Serves 6 people
Cheesy Spinach Bars make a great appetizer. You can easily add tomatoes or even bread crumbs to this recipe.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/4 pound of margarine
- 1/2 grated onion
- 2 pounds of spinach, washed and steamed for 2 minutes
- 1/2 pound of grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together. Add the eggs, milk and margarine, and mix on low speed of a mixer.
- Add the onion and spinach to the mixture and blend. Add the cheese to the mixture.
- Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Spread the mixture into the pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Cool before cutting into bars.