- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
Delicious Cheesy Polenta with Sausage and Mushrooms goes great with a tossed green salad.
- 1, 14 ounce can chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 pound mild Italian sausage, casing removed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, shredded
- In 1 quart microwave safe dish, stir together broth and cornmeal. Microwave, covered on HIGH 9 to 10 minutes or until smooth and thickened, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in medium skillet, cook sausage over medium high heat 10 minutes or until almost cooked through, stirring frequently; drain
- Add mushrooms, peppers and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until tender. Stir Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese into cornmeal mixture. Let stand, covered, 2 minutes. Serve immediately topped with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese.