- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4 servings
Cheese stuffed baked hamburgers.
- 1 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (2 ounce) jar chopped pimentos, drained
- 4 slices pickled jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the beef, onion, egg, hot pepper sauce, breadcrumbs, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Shape into 4 patties.
- Combine the cheese, cayenne pepper, pimentos and pickled jalapeno peppers.
- Press a well into the center of the patties and fill with the cheese mixture. Press the meat around the cheese to seal it in. Arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning once.