- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
Spiced with jalapeno peppers, Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Casserole, is full of flavor and a little zesty kick.
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1, 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 6, 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1, 10 3/4 ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1, 8 ounce carton sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 6 pickled jalapeno peppers, rinsed, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped
- In a medium skillet cook the 1/4 cup pecans and onion in butter until onion is tender and pecans are lightly toasted. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, the 1 tablespoon milk and cumin. Add nut mixture and chicken. Stir together until well combined.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each tortilla near one edge; roll up. Place filled tortillas, seam side down, in a greased 2 quart square baking dish.
- In a bowl combine soup, sour cream, the 1 cup milk and the pickled jalapeno peppers. Pour the soup mixture evenly over the tortillas in the baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove foil. Sprinkle enchiladas with cheese and the 2 tablespoons pecans. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.