- Prep: 1 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 50 min
- Total: 2 hr 5 min
- Serving: 6-8
Monterey Jack and Parmesan come together to flavor Cheesy Chicken Breasts.
- 4 large chicken breasts, boned, skinned and halved
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup prepared bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- dash thyme
- dash pepper
- 1 large jar mushrooms, sliced
- Mix together bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Remove fat from chicken and soak in cold water about 30 minutes.
- Drain and dry. Dip in egg, then in bread/cheese mixture. Brown in oil. Lay in single layer in casserole.
- Brown large jar of mushrooms in pan chicken was browned in. Add white wine and simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour wine and mushrooms over chicken. Sprinkle with thyme and pepper. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-50 minutes.