- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 32 min
- Serving: About 2 cups
This three-cheese dip is sure to be a hit among all your Sunday night football fans. Serve with tortilla chips and frosty cold beers.
- 1 round dark rye bread loaf
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 ounce cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Make the bread bowl by slicing 1 inch off the top of the bread loaf and removing the soft middle. Leave approximately 1-inch of thickness all around. Cut the removed bread into pieces and reserve for dipping.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, pour in the beer and bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and the water until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Pour into the saucepan with the beer and whisk for 2 minutes until mixture becomes thick.
- Reduce the heat to low and slowly mix in the cheddar, cream cheese and blue cheese one at a time, making sure each cheese fully melts before the next one is added into the pan.
- Add in the mustard and Worcestershire sauce and stir to mix.
- Pour the dip into the prepared bread bowl and serve hot with the bread pieces and tortilla chips.