- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 8
A pan of savory Cheesy Beef Enchilada Casserole will be welcomed by a hungry family on a busy weeknight.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2, 10 ounce cans enchilada sauce
- 1, 2 1/2 ounce can ripe olives, sliced
- 10, 6 inch corn tortillas
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease bottom of a 9 inch square baking dish.
- Combine beef, onion and garlic in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Stir in enchilada sauce and 1/4 cup olives. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Layer half of tortillas on bottom of prepared baking dish. Cover with half of beef mixture; sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake for additional 5 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining olives and green onions.