- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 4-6 People
This recipe can be altered to fit your family's tastes. Try changing up and experimenting with new ingredients for a never-boring burger.
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground hamburger or ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, feta cheese and roasted red peppers.
- Over medium heat, caramelize red onions. Add to cheese mixture and set aside.
- Season ground meat with oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Divide into 4 to 6 portions and form into balls.
- Using the back of a spoon or your thumb, make a deep well in each ball, stopping about 1/2 inch from the bottom of the hamburger.
- Scoop a generous portion of the cheese mixture into the well. Cover with the remaining hamburger and pat into thick patty.
- Cook burgers on skillet or grill. Spread remaining cheese mixture on hamburger buns and serve.