- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 50 min
- Serving: 8
Just as good as the Cheesecake Factory's version, this banana cream cheesecake will leave you wanting more.
- 20 vanilla sandwich cookies such as Nilla wafers
- 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 24 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup ripe mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place cookies in a blender or food processor and pulse until finely crushed. process with on/off pulse until finely crushed.
- Add margarine and continue to process until blended. Evenly press crumb mixture into the bottom of a 10" springform pan and refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add in sugar and cornstarch and beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Then beat in bananas, heavy cream, and vanilla. Pour cream cheese mixture into vanilla cookie crust. Place pan on cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 F **VERY IMPORTANT** and continue baking for 75 minutes or until center of cheesecake is almost set.
- Loosen edge of cheesecake; cool completely on wire rack before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight.