- Prep: 4 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 4 hr 55 min
- Serving: 8
Great for brunch, Cheesecake Bread Ring is a sweet and cheesy treat.
- 1 package hot roll mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1, 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- confectioner's sugar
- Dissolve yeast from roll mix in 1/4 cup warm water. Combine roll mix and 1/4 cup sugar in bowl. Add yeast, 1 egg, sour cream and butter, mixing well. Place in greased bowl, turning to grease surface. Chill covered for 3 hours.
- Roll into 18 inch circle on floured surface. Fit into 6 cup ring mold, allowing dough to cover center hold and hang over edge.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla together in bowl. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Pour into mold. Slash an X across center of mold.
- Fold dough from sides and center to enclose filling, sealing edges. Let rise until doubled in bulk. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes before turning onto rack. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.