- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 64 crackers
Keep for two weeks. You can freshem them up by baking for 3-4 minutes in a 350 degree Fahreheit oven.
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour divided
- 1/2 cup margarine, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine the water, yeast and sugar. Allow to sit for 3 minutes. Beat in the cayenne peppers, salt and 1 1/4 cups flour until smooth. Cover. Set in a warm, draft free place for 30 minutes, or until doubled. Add in the margarine and Parmesan cheese, beat until blended. Add 1/2 cup flour, mix until smooth.
- Place on a lightly floured surface. Divide in half, and roll each out to a 10 inch square. Poke all over with a fork. Using a knife or pastry wheel, cut each square into 16 equal pieces. Cut each of those 16 pieces diagonally in half so that you have 64 triangles.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the triangle 1/4 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on racks and store in a airtight container in a cool place.