- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6 people
Colorful and delicious, Cheese Tortellini with Mixed Vegetables is a tasty Italian dish perfect any night of the week. Use frozen vegetables and prepackaged tortellini to make dinner quick and easy dinner.
- 1, 9-ounce package of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1, 1-pound package of frozen, mixed vegetables of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups of milk
- 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of coarse ground black pepper
- Cook tortellini according to the package directions. Drain and keep warm. Cook the frozen vegetables until they are crisp-tender, according to the package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the flour until blended. Stir in the milk, gradually. Cook the mixture over medium heat until it boils and thickens. Be sure to stir continually.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the mixture along with the basil, salt and pepper. Continue to stir the mixture until the cheese melts.
- Add the tortellini and the vegetables to the mixtures. Toss together to coat well and serve warm.