- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 6
Warm and tasty on a cold winter day.
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups milk
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded american cheese
- In a large saucepan cook onion and celery in butter till onions are tender.
- Stir in flour, salt and pepper.
- Add milk all at once, cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in spinach and cheese, cook and stir till cheese melts.