- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
Bisquick baking mix makes Cheese Onion Bread quick and easy.
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- Saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Combine eggs, milk, Bisquick and 2/3 cup cheese in bowl, mixing well. Add onions, stirring to blend.
- Pour into greased 5 by 9 inch loaf pan. Mix remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1/3 cup cheese and poppy seed. Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until loaf tests done.