- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Total: 1 hr 30 min
- Serving: 6
A Southern favorite, Cheese Grits will a family breakfast special.
- 3/4 cup grits
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Cook grits in boiling water until dry. Mix cheese, eggs, butter, salt, garlic powder and Tabasco. Blend with grits and pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.