- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 14 min
- Total: 29 min
- Serving: Serves 4-6
An utterly delicious and extremely impressive cheese mixture for your next fondue party, serve this cheese fondue, made with three cheeses, with French baguette bread cubes and additional Champagne.
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1-1/4 cups dry Champagne
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 cups coarsely grated Gruyère cheese
- 1-1/3 cups coarsely grated Emmenthal cheese
- 1/2 cup diced, rindless Brie cheese
- Generous pinch of ground nutmeg
- Pinch of ground white pepper
- 1 French-bread baguette, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with the lemon juice until the cornstarch has totally dissolved.
- Pour the Champagne into the fondue pot and add the shallot. Simmer for about 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Mix in all three of the cheeses and stir well to blend. Pour in the cornstarch mixture and place the fondue pot back on medium heat until cheese melts; about 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle the nutmeg and white pepper into the fondue, mix and light the fondue candle to keep melted cheese warm.