- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 6
Melted Mozzarella cheese and mushrooms make Cheese Filled Chicken Cutlets a family favorite.
- 3 chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 chicken flavored bouillon cube
- 1, 8 ounce package Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Slice breasts horizontally, making 12 cutlets pounded to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Mix flour with salt and coat cutlets with mixture.
- In a large skillet, melt margarine. Add cutlets, a few at a time, and cook until browned on both sides. Add more margarine if needed.
- Remove cutlets and top 6 pieces with a slice of cheese. Top with remaining cutlets and skewer.
- In the drippings, add 2 tablespoons margarine. Cook mushrooms, adding more flour to thicken. Stir in water, milk, wine and bouillon cube.
- Return cutlets to pan and simmer 5 more minutes until cheese melts.
- Remove skewers, serve at once.