- Prep: 1 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 10-12
Cheese Cookies are a savory treat that goes well with cocktails or a fresh green mixed salad.
- 1 1/2 cups soft Cheddar cheese spread
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash cayenne pepper
- dash black pepper
- 1 egg white
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Cream cheese and butter together. Add salt and peppers. Roll into a log and chill for 1 hour.
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick rounds--about 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with egg white. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes. Watch carefully. Remove when brown.