- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 15 min
- Serving: 6
A bowl of Cheese Broccoli Soup will be welcomed by guests and family on a cold, winter's day.
- 1, 8 ounce container Merkt's Cheddar with Garlic cheese spread
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, reserve 6 florets for garnish
- 5 strips bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup hot milk
- 1 small onion, diced
- Cook broccoli in chicken stock until very soft. Saute onion in butter in large saucepan. Add flour and cook 5 minutes, stirring to combine. Add broccoli and soup stock and bring mixture to a boil.
- Simmer 10 minutes. Add cheese spread. Allow to melt. Add hot milk and bacon. Pour into a soup tureen and garnish with florets.