- Prep: 12 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 13 hr
- Serving: 6
Made the night before, Cheese and Sausage Strata is perfect for Sunday brunch.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 12 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- dash nutmeg
- Brown and crumble sausage; drain. Place 6 bread slices close together in bottom of buttered 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Cover with cheese slices, then sausage and remaining slices of bread.
- Beat eggs; add milk and seasonings. Blend well. Pour over bread mixture. Let stand overnight in refrigerator.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 minutes or until set.