- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4-6 People
This salad serves well with many meals, including potlucks, picnics and summer barbecues. For varied results, try substituting chicken or turkey instead of ham.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup smoked ham, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- Place half of the lettuce into the bottom of a large bowl. Add a layer of cheese, ham and celery. Top with remaining lettuce.
- In a small dish, mix together mayonnaise, sunflower oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.