- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas are a snap to assemble with leftover chicken.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1, 16 ounce jar salsa
- 1/2 of an 8 ounce package reduced fat cream cheese
- 8, 7 inch flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions; cook over medium-heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken, 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup salsa and cream cheese. Heat and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
- Spoon a scant 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place in 13 by 9 inch baking pan. Drizzle with remaining salsa. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar cheese; cover.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese on top is melted. Top with additional salsa if desired.