- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: 12
A perfect combination, Cheese and Apple Squares are sweet and savory.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 6 slices Cheddar cheese
- 3 medium apples, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Mix together flour, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, soda and margarine until crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups and set aside. Press remainder in a 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Place slices of cheese over mixture in pan.
- Mix together apples, sugar and put on top of cheese. Combine nuts and 1 1/2 cups of crumb mixture and sprinkle over top of apples. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes. Serve warm.