- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 25 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Use either ground turkey or chicken to make these satisfying cheesy sandwiches.
- 1 pound ground turkey (not lean)
- 3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with a garlic press
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces mild yellow cheddar cheese, cut into (1-inch by ½-inch) pieces
- 10 small (2-inch) soft rolls, split
- Place the turkey, parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, eggs, and milk into a bowl and mix until just combined.
- Take 1/4 cup portions of the turkey mixture and form into meatballs, then push a piece of cheese into the center of the meatball and cover with the meat.
- Gently flatten the meatballs and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the burgers in a skillet set over medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the burgers in the rolls with ketchup and pickles.