- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 16 min
- Total: 31 min
- Serving: Makes 8 burgers
These posh turkey burgers are perfect for an upscale outdoor grill party when you want to serve something a bit more chic then just traditional burgers and dogs.
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and pitted and cut up
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3 ounces white cheddar or Havarti cheese, shredded (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Leaf lettuce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Prepare the grill on medium-high heat.
- Place the peaches, sugar, cider vinegar, chili powder, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper into a blender and process until mixture is smooth. Reserve half of the mixture and then transfer the remaining half to a bowl; cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Put the ground turkey into a bowl along with the reserved peach ketchup and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Combine the mixture until blended and then form into 8 balls. Place some cheese in the middle of each ball, shape the meat to cover the cheese and then flatten to form patties.
- Place the turkey burgers onto the grill and cook for about 8 minutes per side, flipping once; transfer to the toasted buns. Slather each burger with the chilled peach ketchup, top with some lettuce and serve immediately.