- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
Here's a delicious, fun family recipe for cheddar cheese fondue.
- 2/3 cup low fat milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Variety of raw and cooked vegetables (carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, broccoli, etc.)
- Whisk milk with cornstarch in a saucepan until there are no lumps. Whisk in garlic, bay leaf, mustard, and nutmeg; heat pan over medium-low heat.
- Whisking constantly, heat mixture for 1 minute or until it gently simmers, then whisk in the cheese gradually until it melts and is smooth.
- Take pot off of heat and remove bay leaf. Spoon mixture into a fondue pot or place on a hot plate to keep it melted. Serve with vegetables.