- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 30 min
- Total: 1 hr 45 min
- Serving: 6
Cheddar Apple Bread is sweet and savory with crunchy pecans.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 large can apple pie filling
- 2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon each soda, salt and baking powder
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Cream sugar and shortening together in bowl. Add egg, mixing well. Beat in pie filling. Sift dry ingredients together. Add dry ingredients, cheese and pecans to batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours.