- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
Nothing beats a chilled Margarita cocktail served in a salt-rimmed glass on a warm, summer night.
- 1-1/2 ounces Añejo tequila
- 1 barspoon agave nectar
- 3/4 ounce orange liqueur
- 1-1/4 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 barspoon water
- salt to rim glass
- lime wedge
- lime wheel to garnish
- Place some salt onto a plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass to moisten and then dip the rim into the salt, pressing gently to adhere. Put the salt-rimmed glass in the freezer for 5 minutes to chill and to allow the salt to set.
- Put all of the remaining ingredients, except for the garnish, into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Garnish the drink with the lime wheel and then serve immediately.