- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total: 1 hr
- Serving: 4 people
Make this for a summer bbq or for Cinco De Mayo!
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno chile peppers, minced
- 4 1/2 teaspoon red onion, diced small
- 1/8 bunch cilantro, rinsed & chopped
- 2 3/4 teaspoon oregano, fresh & chopped
- 2 3/4 teaspoon garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon lime juice, fresh squeezed
- Remove cores from tomatoes using a paring knife or tomato shark.
- Pre-heat open flame grill
- Lightly coat tomatoes with aerosol cooking spray or olive oil
- Place tomatoes on hot grill; allow skin of tomatoes to blacken slightly, turning with a pair of tongs to ensure even roasting
- Remove tomatoes from heat and place in mixing bowl. Allow to rest & cool down for 20-30 minutes
- Peel most of the blackened skin from the tomatoes
- Dice tomatoes and combine with all other ingredients. Mix well.