- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 8 servings
This recipe for a festive champagne punch calls for genever, a Dutch gin, but feel free to substitute it with your favorite brand instead.
- 1-1/2 cups genever, chilled
- 1/2 cup orange curaçao, chilled
- 1/2 cup Simple Syrup
- 10 dashes aromatic bitters such as angostura
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sparkling wine or Champagne
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Pineapple slices and star anise, for garnish
- Place the genever, orange curaçao, simple syrup, and bitters into a punch bowl and mix to blend.
- Prior to serving, slowly pour in the sparkling water, lemon juice, and sparkling wine, and gently stir to combine.
- Add a large block of ice to the punch and then garnish with some freshly grated nutmeg, pineapple slices and the star anise.