- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Total: 1 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6
Bacon adds a smokey flavor to Celery Parmigiana.
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 cups celery, sliced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; drain well and crumble. Pour off fat.
- To skillet add 1 cup water, celery, onion, pepper, garlic and salt. Simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and spoon into 1 1/2 quart casserole. Top with bacon and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes.