- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 1 Serving
This refreshing cocktail is quite a treat when served on a warm summer night. Try substituting the cherry juice for fresh cherry puree when the fruit is in season. It will give this beverage even more intense flavor.
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1-1/2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce sweet cherry juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons simple syrup
- 2 dashes bitters
- Sparkling wine
- Orange twist, for garnish
- Place the orange sections into a cocktail shaker and muddle until well-mashed. Fill the shaker with ice and then add the gin, cherry juice, simple syrup and bitters.
- Vigorously shake the mixture for 35 seconds and then strain into a cocktail glass.
- Top the drink with the sparkling wine, garnish with the orange twist and then serve immediately.